[ensembl-dev] Ensembl with Human Patches Question

Susan Fairley sf7 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 14:42:17 BST 2012

Hi Will,

We align human ESTs to the primary chromosomes as part of the build for
the primary assembly.

For the patches, we use a different 'lightweight' process, which does
not include aligning ESTs. Consequently, we have no EST alignments to
the patches and don't display them on the website.

I hope that helps to explain things. Please let me know if you have any
further questions.

Kind regards,
Susan.