[ensembl-dev] Gorilla assembly coverage depth

Gregory Jordan greg at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Sep 15 18:36:48 BST 2011

I understand that things in the 'meta' table tend to be for internal use
only. But the assembly coverage depth information is only accessible from
there, and surely this can't be accurate anymore:

> mysql -uensro -hens-livemirror -e "select * from
gorilla_gorilla_core_64_31.meta where meta_key='assembly.coverage_depth'\G"
   meta_id: 81
species_id: 1
  meta_key: assembly.coverage_depth
meta_value: low

I doubt many people are actually using this undocumented information... but
it caught me off guard, and it would be a shame for someone attempting to
filter out low-coverage genomes to end up throwing the baby out with the
bathwater, so to speak!

Cheers,
 greg