[ensembl-dev] unavailable Ensembl 'Comparative Genomics' funnction with release 63 (Anne Parker)

Steve Moss S.P.Moss at 2007.hull.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 13:48:17 BST 2011

Dear Daniel,

Yes, this is indeed a MySQL problem! Perhaps you are using the wrong
username or password? This is the error that MySQL throws when there is an
authentication issue.

If you change your script to use the following, you should see there are no
issues:

use Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry;
> my $registry = 'Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry';
> $registry->load_registry_from_db( -host => 'useastdb.ensembl.org', -user
> => 'anonymous', -port => 5306);

Have a play with your MySQL settings on the command line and then update
your script accordingly if this is the case

mysql -h 192.168.20.19 -u root --password=mypass -P3306

It may be that you have limited the root login to hosts matching locahost/
127.0.0.1 only, and you may need to include 192.168.20.0/24 to allow access
from the subnet or just your 192.168.20.25 host?

Cheers,

Steve

--
*Steve Moss*