[ensembl-dev] Bug on Registry.pm on ensembl API v64

Duarte Molha duartemolha at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:59:27 BST 2011

Hi guys

I am not sure if this is the place I should be reporting what I believe to
be a small bug but here is goes anyway :)

After installing the proper V64 version of the API (checked out the latest
version from the repository) my script can not connect to my local ensembl
database, however it gives a warning:

*Use of uninitialized value $ontology_version in numeric ne (!=) at
/array/dept/compbio/ensembl/current_api/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Registry.pm
line 1916.*

I believe this is because you have not initialized the $ontology_version
with 0 on line 1469 of the Registry.pm module

Having compared the Registry.pm with the Registry.pm from v62 this has been
changed since the v62 gives no such warning.

I believe that the line 1469 should read:
  my $ontology_version=0;

at least in my case it stopped complaining.

Best regards,

    Duarte