[ensembl-dev] Patching compara databases

Will Chow wc2 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 11:20:53 BST 2011

Hi,

I was preparing to patch my old compara databases to 64 code.  I've
previously used the schema_patch.pl (/ensembl/misc_scripts) script for
doing this, just to perform checks instead of piping it directly to sql,
but usually did it to the core code.  With this script, there is the
-schema_type argument which in the code seem to only recognize the
following option, core, variation and funcgen, but no compara.

Again its no big deal as I'll just pipe my patches, but I'm curious is
this expected or some legacy thing?

Also whats the ETA for e65?

thanks

Will