[ensembl-dev] Local installation

Anne Parker ap5 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 15:49:50 BST 2011

Hi Jean-Pierre

On 18 Oct 2011, at 15:43, Gauthier Jean-Pierre wrote:

> Ok,
>
> it looks like better, I created the 2 db and apache server now is running,
> but with an error message.

What is your Apache error message?

> I obtain the joint web page.
> I d'ont find where root try to connect.
> I also have other questions:
> What is the hierarchy between the differents conf files:
> ENSEMBL/conf/                                                                            SiteDefs.pm
>                           /ini-files/                                                               DEFAULTS.ini & MULTI.ini

Do not edit these files - they are base files that are overridden by the files in your plugin. Please see

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/webcode/code_intro.html#plugins

for an explanation of how plugins work.

> ENSEMBL/public-plugins/mirror/conf/                                         SiteDefs.pm
>                                                              /ini-files/                             DEFAULTS.ini
>
> and how to do for using buchnera_collection_core_11_64.

Configuring your own species is covered here:

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/webcode/species/index.html

Regards

Anne