[ensembl-dev] Inserting a new species in Ensembl

Diogo Costa costa.h4evr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:47:41 GMT 2011

Hi,

I finally had the time to analyze the D. virilis database from Metazoa.

I have confirmed that some entries were missing from the meta table of my
custom core database, but the specie still doesn't show in the Ensembl home
page (species list). A blank space holder is shown instead: blank image and
blank name.

In an attempt to pinpoint the problem, I imported the DB from Metazoa into
MySQL and changed Drosophila_virilis.ini (custom ini) file to point to this
database. This makes the entry show up correctly!

What I am doing wrong? :(

Diogo