[ensembl-dev] Best way to collect probesets (excluding all exon arrays)?

Alexander Pico apico at gladstone.ucsf.edu
Tue May 24 18:14:07 BST 2011

Looks like a known problem. The API code has the following comment notes:

Funcgen/DBSQL/ResultFeatureAdaptor.pm: line 1259
 #Not straight forward without creating tmp table

In version 60, the note in this area stated:
 #This join between sr and pf is causing the slow down.  Need to select
right join for this.
 #just do two separate queries for now.

Indeed, the tmp table triggered by the join is still causing a slow down.
Let us know if you come up with any workarounds or solutions to this tmp
table issue. Thanks!
 - Alex