[ensembl-dev] Best way to collect probesets (excluding all exon arrays)?

Alexander Pico apico at gladstone.ucsf.edu
Tue May 24 02:28:25 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for a better way to get probe features. I'm currently using
'fetch_all_by_linked_transcript_Gene()', but for species with all exon
arrays, this can take days...

Other than going in and deleting probesets from the funcgen databases (local
copies), how can I get around processing certain arrays, like the all exon
arrays, and just collect everything else?

Here's my current code snippet:

my $probe_adaptor = $registry->get_adaptor($species, "funcgen",
"ProbeFeature");

my $probe_features =
$probe_adaptor->fetch_all_by_linked_transcript_Gene($gene);

foreach my $pf (@$probe_features) {
    // do stuff
}