[ensembl-dev] Codelink probe list...incomplete?

William Spooner whs at eaglegenomics.com
Tue May 10 20:53:34 BST 2011

Hi Bill,

There are two ways to approach this problem;
1. if you know the actual probe sequences (not the ESTs that the probes were designed against), or can get Applied Microarrays to supply these, you can then use the Ensembl probe mapping pipeline to map these probes to Ensembl genes in the 'approved' manner (genome and cDNA sequence alignment). As you suggest, this may be a touch beyond the call of duty for end users.
2. if you know the EST identifier, you can look this up in the Ensembl database (dna_align_feature), and see what gene(s) overlap(s).

Either way, you will end up with a list of probes vs. Ensembl genes, and you can use the latter for downstream analysis.

All the best,

Will