[ensembl-dev] help to retrieve the genomic sequence for 28S rRNA

Nathan Johnson njohnson at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 4 13:05:14 BST 2011

Hi Bin

It seems the 28S subunit is not indexed well as a protein annotation. What I think you are looking for is the MRPS genes. They are clustered in various locations across several chromosomes.

http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Lucene/Details?species=Homo_sapiens;idx=Gene;end=62;q=MRPS*

Look in the protein family view for evidence.

Thanks

Nath

On 29 Apr 2011, at 23:38, Liu,Bin wrote:

> Hi,
>                 I was trying to retrieve the chromosome location of 28S rRNA from Human and Mouse genome. It was surprised that I couldn't find it.
> I wonder if the 28S rRNA was annotated in both of the genomes although 28S rRNA is the well known non-coding RNA. Thanks for the help.
>

> Bin Liu, Ph.D.
> Department of Genetics
> The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
> 1515 Holcombe Blvd
> Houston, TX 77030
> Phone:  713-792-0878
> Email: bliu1 at mdanderson.org