[ensembl-dev] Display BAM data against NCBI36 human genome

Fedor Gusev gusevfe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:39:35 GMT 2011

Hello.

I managed to install a local copy of Ensembl (release-54, the last to
have NCBI 36). And I want to add custom BAM tracks.

The problem is: release 54 seems not to support BAMs. Still
1000genomes projects can display BAMs against NCBI36.

I see two ways now:
1) get the latest release of Ensembl and upload NCBI36. But the
database schema changed too much since release 54.
2) modify release 54 to support BAM custom tracks.

While I can deal with latter, I am wondering:
a) if the first option is possible,
b) how 1000genomes people achieved BAMs and NCBI36 at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kind regards,
Fedor Gusev.