[ensembl-dev] Takifugu rubripes - Genenames

Glenn Proctor glenn at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 09:21:01 GMT 2011

Hi Elsa

For some species, we project gene names from highly-annotated species
(e.g. human) onto the target species, based on Compara homologies. In
nearly all cases we use the Compara 1:1 homologies. However for fish
we also use the 1:many homologies, and add a suffix (1 of 2 or
whatever) to the projected name to indicate this.

The projections done for the fish are:

human -> zebrafish
human -> medaka
human -> tetraodon