[ensembl-dev] Variant effect predictor and local database

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 11:22:21 BST 2011

Hi Henrikki,

As I mentioned to you in an earlier thread, there will be some
improvements coming in the next release of the script. They will
improve the number of queries being made, as well as give you the
option to run the script without using the database.

I have tried using the script in whole-genome mode in the parallel
against a local server as you have done, but I don't see any of these
errors. I suspect there are some parameters on the MySQL server you
can change which should allow a larger number of connections. How many
parallel processes are you running? I have tried running one per
chromosome in human (~25 parallel processes) and I didn't get any
connection problems.

Cheers

Will