[ensembl-dev] Pongo 9600 to 9601

Gregory Jordan greg at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 15:55:56 BST 2011

And to suggest a further change, the 'ensembl alias name' and 'ensembl
common name' entries in the ncbi_taxa_name table should be updated for the
new taxon_id (see below). I tracked down this mismatch as the cause of the
problems in my code, where the Orangutan NCBITaxon appears to have a blank
Ensembl alias.

Cheers,
 Greg

mysql> select * from ensembl_compara_62.ncbi_taxa_name where name_class like
"%ensembl%" and taxon_id=9600\G
  taxon_id: 9600
      name: Orangutan
name_class: ensembl alias name
  taxon_id: 9600
      name: orangutan
name_class: ensembl common name
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from ensembl_compara_62.ncbi_taxa_name where name_class like
"%ensembl%" and taxon_id=9601\G
Empty set (0.00 sec)