[ensembl-dev] Pongo 9600 to 9601

Javier Herrero jherrero at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 17:20:09 BST 2011

Hi Greg

I am sorry about the problems you had with this change. We didn't noticed this
earlier as the API (i.e., the Registry) gets the common name from the meta
table of the core DBs.

We will had a check to our QC suite to make sure the ensembl_common_name and
ensembl_alias_name entries in the core and in the compara database match.

I am afraid it is a bit late in the release cycle now to get this sorted for
e!63, but things should be back to normal in e!64.

Thank you for reporting this and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Javier

--
Javier Herrero, PhD
Ensembl Compara Project Leader