[ensembl-dev] searchin on ensembl with perl API

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 09:19:59 BST 2011

Hi,

Have you considered using the EBI Search web service instead. Information on how to use this is available from:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/services/eb-eye

This gives you programatic access to the EBI search bar you see when you go to www.ebi.ac.uk. Whilst the data the EBI search indexes is not as vast as that what Ensembl indexes it may be sufficient for your needs.

Regards,

Andy