[ensembl-dev] Core API problem - get_all_DBEntries

Glenn Proctor glenn at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 13:19:09 GMT 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Pablo Marin-Garcia <pg4 at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello Glenn
>
>> We're also adding more intuitive aliases for get_all_DBLinks() and
>> get_all_DBEntries() in release 61 (due in few weeks).
>
> are going to be updated the docs in the web with the alias for dblinks?
> http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/core/core_tutorial.html => external
> references

Yes; however the new methods are aliases so the existing
get_all_DBLinks() and get_all_DBEntries() methods will continue to
work.

> Would be nice to have also in this pages the sections with html anchors so
> it would be possible to answer basic questions with a line like
> http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/core/core_tutorial.html#external_references

We are aware that there are a number of improvements that could be
made to the existing Perl API documentation - anchors as you suggest,
and a better representation of inherited methods, to name but two. We
will be actively updating the documentation over the next few months.

On this subject, I'd be interested in suggestions regarding best
practices for putting Perl documentation on the web - I've looked at a
couple of plugins for doxygen, neither of which are ideal.

Glenn.