[ensembl-dev] Help on Blast view set-up.

Nick James nick at eaglegenomics.com
Thu Feb 10 12:11:07 GMT 2011

Hi Ankit,

I'm not sure what you are asking - if your blast was working OK then you
must have registered the Blast search methods successfully? Or are you
referring to configuring the parameters used by blast itself? Do you
have any error messages that might help?

Anyway, as a quick recap, you should have:
In your DEFAULTS.ini :
  - the blast_methods section below
  - definitions of the blast program names eg.
ENSEMBL_BLASTN_PROGRAM_NAME = blastn
- a blast datasources section

In your MULTI.ini, you have:
- for each blast method defined in DEFAULTS.ini there should be a
datasource section, eg
  [BLASTN_DATASOURCES]
DATASOURCE_TYPE = dna
LATESTGP        = %_