[ensembl-dev] Getting variation consequence predictions without perl

LAW Andrew andy.law at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 12:21:08 BST 2010

<shameless plug>
We have just written a new skeleton API to the Ensembl database. Jared - I was unaware of yours. Sorry.

We have written it using iBatis/myBatis which allows us to separate out the model from the database representation and to evolve the mappings one to the other with time in a reasonably efficient manner.

I will be at Genome Informatics from Wednesday with a poster and example code if anyone is interested in picking this up with us.

The code is on sourceforge (jensembl.sf.net)

</shameless plug>

On 14 Sep 2010, at 12:04, Jared Nedzel wrote:

> We wrote a Java application that reads the Ensembl database directly,
> using Hibernate.  The database schema has excellent naming conventions,
> so it is reasonably easy to navigate.  Unfortunately, the schema itself
> has changed significantly over time, so this results in a large
> maintenance burden.
>

> On 9/14/10 6:22 AM, Asraniel wrote:
>> i'm developing java app and i access the ensembl data trough biomart. Works
>> great, thanks for that api.
>>
>> Now, is there a way to get the variantion consequence prediction without using
>> perl? i didn't find a way trough biomart.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Beat Wolf

Later,

Andy
--------
Yada, yada, yada...

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336
Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.