[ensembl-dev] Installing local copy of emsembl

Patrick Meidl pmeidl at cemm.oeaw.ac.at
Wed Oct 27 11:50:12 BST 2010

On Wed Oct 27 11:06:57 BST 2010, Ewan Birney <birney at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

> More importantly, you don't have to use the Registry to get a
> DBAdaptor. A DBAdaptor can be attached to a specific database directly
> without the Register. Check  out the documentation on (I think....)
>
>   Bio::EnsEMBL::DBSQL::DBAdaptor

you could also use Bio::EnsEBML::Registry->load_all($config_file) to
load the Registry from a configuration file, which allows you to
configure arbitrary database names. this used to be the standard way of
initialising the Registry before load_registry_from_db() was introduced.

see here for more information (especially config file syntax):

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/registry.html

HTH

    patrick

--