[ensembl-dev] post-translational modifications and the snp effect predictor

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 15:22:11 GMT 2010

This I think drifts towards further integration with Uniprot Features
coming down
into the Ensembl Peptide space to allow for this to occur. I think
this would be a great
thing...

... However, I think earlier priorities in the Variant predictor team
are (Fiona to correct
me if wrong) :

     Integrating a classical amino acid change model (SIFT, PolyPhen)

     Doing SNPs in non coding regions, in particular those in chip-seq
peaks and ones
which changes motifs found in their cognate chip-seq peaks.

That said, I think this would be an excellent project; Alison, you
could do a geek-for-a-week
program to pilot this perhaps and explore what was possible/sensible?