[ensembl-dev] Converting genomic coordinates to transcript/exon etc

Oliver, Gavin gavin.oliver at almacgroup.com
Mon Nov 8 17:28:49 GMT 2010

Hi Will.

Thanks.

I'm not certain what the method is doing though.

I did this:

my $transcript =
$transcript_adaptor->fetch_by_stable_id('ENST00000297564');
my $trmapper = Bio::EnsEMBL::TranscriptMapper->new($transcript);

my  @coords = $trmapper->genomic2cdna( 100890372, 100905895, -1 );

foreach my $thing (@coords) {
        print $thing->start."\t".$thing->end."\n";
}

And get the following:

1       29
100904281       100905866
30      174
100899847       100904135
175     303
100890494       100899717
304     425

The method doesn't seem to do anything with my input coordinates.

But then I could well be missing something :)

Gavin