[ensembl-dev] Converting genomic coordinates to transcript/exon etc

Will Spooner whs at eaglegenomics.com
Mon Nov 8 16:29:21 GMT 2010

Hi Gavin,

Take a look at Bio::EnsEMBL::TranscriptMapper;

my $trmapper = Bio::EnsEMBL::TranscriptMapper->new($transcript);
  @coords = $trmapper->cdna2genomic( 123, 554 );
  @coords = $trmapper->genomic2cdna( 141, 500, -1 );
  @coords = $trmapper->genomic2cds( 141, 500, -1 );
  @coords = $trmapper->pep2genomic( 10, 60 );