[ensembl-dev] Checking the branch version from the API

Glenn Proctor glenn at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 18:51:42 BST 2010

Hi Giuseppe

Not right now, but one of the things we're introducing in release 60
is a new module Bio::EnsEMBL::ApiVersion. This contains one method
called software_version() which does what you want:

   use Bio::EnsEMBL::ApiVersion;

   printf( "The API version used is %s\n", software_version() );

Hope this helps

Glenn.