[ensembl-dev] Current Public Release Number by API

Benjamin Moore bmoore at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Mar 15 11:33:05 GMT 2022

Hi Rizwan,

This statement refers to when releases of the Ensembl Genomes resource
(https://ensemblgenomes.org/) was aligned to but didn't necessarily
coincide with releases of the Ensembl resource
(https://www.ensembl.org/index.html), and we would/could return multiple
releases for Ensembl Genomes data or when the server provided access to
more than one release of data. We suggest that you assume the 1st in the
list is the current number.

Best wishes

Ben

On 11/03/2022 15:38, Rizwan Ishtiaq wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> I want to get current release number for ensembl using API. I can see
> following end point
>
> https://rest.ensembl.org/documentation/info/data
>
> However i am not able to understand "May return more than one release"
>
>  1. What is the reason for multiple numbers?
>  2. Should i assume very first in list will be current?
>
> Regards,
> Rizwan Ishtiaq

Dr. Ben Moore (he/him)
Ensembl Outreach Manager