[ensembl-dev] release 105 MySQL protein domain data severely truncated

mchakiachvili mchakiachvili at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 13:27:05 GMT 2022

Hello again,

files for both homo_sapiens and mus_musculus have been regenerated anew
today, and published onto the FTP.

Please can you confirm that this resolve your issue?

Thanks for your support.

Marc.

On Thu, 2022-01-20 at 17:14 +0000, mchakiachvili wrote:

> Hello Eric,
>
> Thanks for your message, we are aware of some troubles with truncated
> files for some of our current FTP.
>
> We are correcting those when they arise. We'll surely fix those dumps
> quickly and let you know when the expected files are restored.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
>
> Marc
>
> On Thu, 2022-01-20 at 16:24 +0000, Eric Engelhard wrote:
> > Hello Ensembl team,
> >
> > I am working from Ensembl MySQL downloads and have discovered that
> > protein domain data from
> > ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/current_mysql/homo_sapiens_core_105_38/
> > and
> > ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/current_mysql/mus_musculus_core_105_39/ i
> > s severely truncated. This is directly impacting the Core Perl API,
> > which is only able to extract
> > domain information for about 20 proteins. Specifically, the
> > interpro.txt.gz files for each data set are empty files. I am still
> > comparing other files against release 104 for size
> > anomalies.
> >
> > Is this a know issue?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eric

> > *
> > This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by
> > the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged
> > and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
> > recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or
> > copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly
> > prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately
> > notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this
> > email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any
> > such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note
> > that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals,
> > Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings
> > with any third party.

Marc Chakiachvili

Ensembl Production Project Leader - Genomics Technology Infrastructure

European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD