[ensembl-dev] hepl in coding example

Benjamin Moore bmoore at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 12:33:35 GMT 2022

Hi Lidia,

The answer will depend on the number of genes in your list. For a list
with up to 500 genes, you can use the Biomart tool:

https://www.ensembl.org/biomart/martview

There is a tutorial for using the BioMart tool here:

https://www.ensembl.org/info/data/biomart/index.html

Alternatively, for larger gene lists you could use the REST API:

http://rest.ensembl.org/

You will need to use the GET xref/id endpoint to retreive all external
references associated with your genes of interest. Documentation this
endpoint can be found on the following page:

http://rest.ensembl.org/documentation/info/xref_id

Best wishes

Ben

On 20/01/2022 12:05, Lidia Ryabova wrote:

> Dear Admin, may I ask you to help me to find a sources on how to add
> entrazID and Symbol gene to ensembl gene list please?
> Could you possibly redirect me to some tutorial or codes that already
> exist please?
> --
> With kind regards
>
> /Dr Lidia Ryabova, MD,/ MSc (Moscow)
>

> Centre for  Molecular Medicine and Biobanking
>
> Biomedical science building
>
> Room 331
>
> The University of Malta,
>
> MSD 2080