[ensembl-dev] Ensembl4J

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 27 11:04:06 GMT 2021

Dear Danny,

We certainly support that you’ve developed the API and have made it available under an open source license. We also hope you can find others to help maintain the codebase, however Ensembl’s Java expertise* has diminished over the past years and is one of the reasons why we cannot offer our help to maintain this. We will continue to advertise any pending changes to our REST API and FTP site via our pre-release blog posts and attempt to minimise disruption to both of these resources.

Best regards,

Andy

* Ensembl did maintain a number of projects written in Java but these have been either retired or replaced over the past 10 years

------------
Andrew Yates - Genomics Technology Infrastructure Team Leader
The European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
Wellcome Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge
CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1223-492538