[ensembl-dev] ATXN8 gene missing from Ensembl

Thomas Danhorn danhornt at njhealth.org
Wed May 6 00:09:13 BST 2020

Hi Kirill,

On the NCBI site for ATXN8 you linked to it says "not in current
annotation release", so it looks like it may have once been considered a
valid gene, but not anymore.  I have also looked through a few of the
older Ensembl releases and none of them have ATXN8 on chromosome 13 (so
this is not an omission in the new release).  The ones based on the
GRCh37/hg19 assembly (Ensembl versions 75 and older) have "ATXN8" as a
synonym of ENSG00000107815, but that is on chromosome 10, so I doubt that
is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Thomas