[ensembl-dev] ATXN8 gene missing from Ensembl

Kirill Tsukanov ktsukanov at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 5 21:19:01 BST 2020

Hi,

I have a quick question about a data issue. I noticed that Ensembl 100
includes ATXN8OS gene
<http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSG00000230223;r=13:70107213-70149092>
(opposite strand lncRNA), but not the ATXN8 gene itself. The latter is
present in NCBI Gene (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/724066), but not
in Ensembl. This is unfortunate because it means that I can't use it in
an Open Targets submission as it does not have an Ensembl gene ID
associated with it.

Do you know if there's a specific reason why this gene is missing? Can
we expect it to be added in later Ensembl releases?

--
Best,
Kirill from the European Variation Archive