[ensembl-dev] whole chromosome alignment with LastZ

Matthieu Muffato muffato at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 09:10:41 GMT 2020

Dear Alice,

I've seen that you have sent this question to the lastz-users list and
Bob replied with some tips.

We don't get this error we get because we have engineered a workflow
around LastZ that does what Bob suggests, i.e. the masking, the
splitting with overlap and its post-processing, and some chaining.

It's not easily usable by external people, though, because it heavily
relies on an infrastructure that's built in Ensembl. But Bob gave some
options to run those steps by yourself, which should address the issue.

Best,
Matthieu

Matthieu Muffato, Ph.D.
Ensembl Compara Principal Developer