[ensembl-dev] FEATURE REQUEST: Improving annotation of chromosome synonyms

jose miguel mut jmmut at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 20 12:20:18 BST 2020

Hi Noah,

Let me pop in the conversation. I work at EBI-EVA
(https://www.ebi.ac.uk/eva/) and we are working on a REST webservice
called contig-alias that matches your use case. Given a chromosome name
or accession, you will get back its synonyms.

It's in early stages and we don't have anything usable yet, but we plan
to support GenBank and RefSeq chromosome accessions, as well as
chromosome names (like "chr1"), and possibly UCSC names and GA4GH refget
checksums. Some information about the assemblies will be available too.

Let me know if you are willing to beta-test the system some time during
next months and provide any feedback you find. Also, you can tell us
which species/assemblies would you be interested in, so that we can
support them early and have some extra focus on them.

Regards
Jose