[ensembl-dev] WARNNING FunMotifs Plugin

Souhila Amanzougarene souhila.amanzougarene at cnrs.fr
Mon Apr 6 18:40:34 BST 2020

Hello,

I'm Souhila AMANZOUGARENE, a bioinformatician in the UMR 8199 from CNRS
(France).
I'm using VEP to annotate SNPs in human data and I use many plugins to
do this. I have tried FunMotifs plugin, but it doesn't seem to work.

Here is the error warning:

WARNING: Failed to compile plugin FunMotifs: Experimental shift on
scalar is now forbidden at
/media/Data/Ensembl_hg19/EnsemblVepCache/Plugins/FunMotifs.pm line 106,
near "$params if"

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 79) line 2.

I have modified the line 106 code:

shift $params if ($params->[0] =~ /.gz/i); #Removes filename

by:

shift @{$params} if ($params->[0] =~ /.gz/i); #Removes filename

After this change, I do not get a warning but it doesn't annotate with
the file funmotifs_sorted.bed.gz, and I have blank column for all SNPs.

Could you help me please to find a solution to this problem?

Best regards

--
Souhila Amanzougarene

Bio-Informaticienne

UMR CNRS 1283
(Epi)génomique Fonctionnelle et Physiologie Moléculaire Du Diabète et Maladies Associées

FR3508 European Genomic Institute for Diabetes (E.G.I.D.)
Faculté de médecine - Pôle Recherche

sous sol, Aile Ouest
1 place de Verdun
59045 LILLE CEDEX