[ensembl-dev] cant connect to DB with perl API

Steve Trevanion steve at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 13 14:01:22 BST 2019

Hi Nicolas,

I can connect fine, so there might be a problem at your end. Can you
connect via the command line, either port 5306 or port 3306 ?

Steve

$ mysql -u anonymous -h ensembldb.ensembl.org
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 102837958
Server version: 5.6.33 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2016, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

MySQL [(none)]>