[ensembl-dev] Ensembl REST API | GET map/cdna/:id/:region

Ramiro Magno ramiro.magno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 23:23:42 BST 2019

Q8: About the assembly mapping endpoint
"map/:species/:asm_one/:region/:asm_two": When a region is not mappable,
the json response is empty. Example:
https://rest.ensembl.org/map/homo_sapiens/GRCh37/1:1..2:1/GRCh38/?coord_system=chromosome;target_coord_system=chromosome

May I suggest to change this behaviour and always return the same
structure, i.e., returning the "original" and "mapped" objects, while
having the start, end, seq_region_name in "original" object with NA or
Null? I am suggesting this because returning an empty response altogether
is ambiguous, in my opinion.

Thanks!

Cheers, RM