[ensembl-dev] Ensembl REST API | GET eqtl/tissue/:species/

Ramiro Magno ramiro.magno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 12:00:07 BST 2019

Hi Devs,

I have a few questions about the endpoint "eqtl/tissue/:species/".

Q1: The doc (https://rest.ensembl.org/documentation/info/tissues) indicates
that there are no required parameters but that is a mistake, right? It
always needs the species name, correct?

Q2: Can I use this endpoint with other species than human? I tried with
ovis_aries and capra_hircus but got a funny error: "error: No EQTL adaptor
available".

Q3: About the json output, the json is a list key/value pairs, with tissue
name being the key and value being (always?) 1. Can the value in any
circumstance be different from 1? If not, may I ask why this specific
design choice? Why not simply return an array of tissue names?

As always, many thanks in advance, Ramiro Magno