[ensembl-dev] output I get for my input file different when I use the web VEP and command line VEP

Anja Thormann anja at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 14:19:21 GMT 2019

Hi Dayana,

thank you for the input file and web tool command line. I annotated your input file with both the web tool and command line VEP option and get for both output files 5519 SWISSPROT annotations if I grep for SWISSPROT. This is not the most in depth comparison. Could you please point me to some examples where you see a difference between the two annotation options?

The coordinates are always given for the Ensembl protein (ENSP...) which means you cannot use the protein position to look up the position in the SwissProt protein.

However, you shouldn’t see any differences between running with the VEP command line tool or the web online tool.

Thanks,
Anja