[ensembl-dev] Ensembl REST API | GET xrefs/name/:species/:name

Tiago Grego tgrego at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 15:14:53 BST 2019

Hello Ramiro,

all_levels=1 retrieves the same type of object (DBEntry), and the best
place to find some documentation is the Perl API page I sent before.

The difference between all_levels=1 is that it will retrieve *all*
related DBEntries for the gene. This includes all DBEntries that are
associated with the transcripts and corresponding translations.
If you only want to retrieve the DBEntries associated with the gene (and
not the transcript and translations) then you must not use all_levels=1.

Best wishes,
Tiago