[ensembl-dev] personal Amazon hosted Ensembl database

Thibaut Hourlier thibaut at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 15:31:51 BST 2019

Hi Joseph,
One thing you can try is to know how many connections are allowed to the server, then you should have less jobs running in parallel than the maximum number of connections allowed.
As you have many short request you should also make sure that you do not disconnect each time. Each time you disconnect, the server will use a different port, so you may also quickly run out of port to connect to. If you use the Perl API, you can set -disconnect_when_inactive => 0 when creating the connection to the database.

Hope this helps
Thibaut