[ensembl-dev] Ensembl BioMart

Thomas Maurel maurel at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 27 09:39:08 GMT 2019

Dear Yossi,

The Ensembl mart databases are not redundant with the databases on ensembldb.ensembl.org <http://ensembldb.ensembl.org/> and mysql-eg-public.ebi.ac.uk <http://mysql-eg-public.ebi.ac.uk/>. We have denormalised a subset of our data and made it available via the BioMart software, you can find more informations on how to query and use this data on the following page: https://www.ensembl.org/info/data/biomart/index.html <https://www.ensembl.org/info/data/biomart/index.html>

Hope this helps,
Kind Regards,
Thomas

> On 25 Nov 2019, at 14:06, Joseph Steinberger <joseph.steinberger at weizmann.ac.il> wrote:
>
> Dear community,
>
> Is the Ensembl Mart dataset - martdb.ensembl.org <http://martdb.ensembl.org/> - fully redundant with the Ensembl and Ensembl genomes dataset - namely, ensembldb.ensembl.org <http://ensembldb.ensembl.org/> and mysql-eg-public.ebi.ac.uk <http://mysql-eg-public.ebi.ac.uk/>;
> Meaning is all the information in the BioMart also found in the Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes databases -
>
> Also, is there a description of the schema for the Biomart?
>
> with appreciation,
> Yossi
Thomas Maurel
Bioinformatician - Ensembl Production Team
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD