[ensembl-dev] REST API Roadmap?

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 7 09:18:33 GMT 2019

Hi Julie,

The /info/assembly endpoints can provide cytoband information, for
example
http://rest.ensembl.org/info/assembly/homo_sapiens/X?content-type=application/json;bands=1

Sift and Polyphen scores are provided by default on all the VEP
endpoints, for example
http://rest.ensembl.org/vep/human/id/rs56116432?content-type=application/json
as well as on the /overlap/translation endpoint when variants are
requested, for example
http://rest.ensembl.org/overlap/translation/ENSP00000288602?type=missense_variant;content-type=application/json;feature=transcript_variation

It is usually worth running a basic search on the main page,
rest.ensembl.org, as it can help find the data you are looking for.

In general, we are always happy to look into providing more of our data
via the REST API.
Additionally, we are working on a new version of the REST API. While
some data might not be easily made available through the current REST
API, if you let us know what data you want and how you are planning on
using it, we can use this to drive our future REST API.

Regards,
Magali