[ensembl-dev] compara api: paralogous DNAs

Jin-Rui Xu jrxu.bioinf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 03:10:19 GMT 2019

Hello,

I just started learning the compara API. However, I am still not sure
whether it can address my questions. I am wondering if someone could give
me some guidance and example scripts. Here is my question: (1) I want to
identify all paralogous DNA fragments (not neccessarily genes) in a genome.
One genomic regions may have more than one duplicate. (2) Then, I want to
find in which of the other species, the two paralogous DNAs have a common
ancestor.
Alternatively, I can focus on two genomic regions in a genome to test if
they are paralogous, and then which species has their common ancestral DNA
How could I get this done using compara API (version 95)?

Many thanks!

Jinrui