[ensembl-dev] Ensembl REST API | Question about Ensembl identifiers

Thibaut Hourlier thibaut at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 11:19:50 BST 2019

Hi Ramiro

Ensembl ID and stable id are the same id. We will have a look at how we can rephrase the two documents to try to remove the ambiguity.

The list of entities is correct in the FAQ and https://www.ensembl.org/info/genome/stable_ids/prefixes.html. The document https://www.ensembl.org/info/genome/stable_ids/index.html refers to the stable ids and versioning of genes, transcripts, proteins and exons, this is why they do not have all the entities.

Thanks
Thibaut