[ensembl-dev] List endpoint for assemblies by species only returns a single assembly

Kurt Wheeler kurt.wheeler91 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 17:36:46 GMT 2019

Hi Kieron!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The info/species endpoint does in
fact have what I'm looking for! I can use it to get all the assemblies for
species/strain.

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is download a file like
ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/release-45/bacteria/fasta/bacteria_100_collection/pseudomonas_aeruginosa_gca_001180445/dna/Pseudomonas_aeruginosa_gca_001180445.E1_London_17_VIM_2_02_09.dna.toplevel.fa.gz
given a species/strain/assembly version. I think that assemblies endpoint
has all the information I need to construct that URL, except for the
`bacteria_100_collection` part. Do you know where I can figure out which
collection a particular organism/strain/assembly version would fall in?
Even better would be if I could get that direct link without having to
construct it.

If you can help with that I appreciate it, but if not I'm still grateful
for the help with the assemblies endpoint!

- Kurt