[ensembl-dev] Access to the development version of the Ensembl REST API

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 18 09:26:10 GMT 2019

Dear Ramiro,

As Kieron says we do appreciate your enthusiasm but we are not in a position to give out timeframes. This is for a few reasons:

- The new REST API will primarily support in direct support of the new website and as such is led by its development
- Components of the API will be delivered once they are ready and opened to public viewing/usage in the same way we have done with the new website
- I do not want to provide timelines that prove to be incorrect and misleading. I don't believe this helps anyone

I am sorry this is not the answer you wanted. The current REST and Perl APIs will continue to be our primary method of accessing Ensembl data from non-flat file methods for the timeframes you've detailed below.

Andy

------------
Andrew Yates - Genomics Technology Infrastructure Team Leader
The European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
Wellcome Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge
CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1223-492538