[ensembl-dev] VEP API returning 400 for memory error

Asier Gonzalez gonzaleza at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Aug 21 12:47:39 BST 2019

Hi,

I have an script that calls the VEP API for a few thousand variants and
does some processing. The script captures HTTP errors and messages and I
have found a few cases where the 400 error is accompanied by a  "ERROR:
Cannot allocate memory" message. If I query the API again with the ids
that produced that error I get a results so I understand that this is a
temporary issue. I could handle the 400 errors further to control these
cases but I wonder if it is an expected case or if it an issue as it
sounds as this should be an 5XX error instead of a 400.

Kind regards,
Asier