[ensembl-dev] Ensembl REST API | Documentation for returned JSON objects

Brandon Walts bwalts at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Aug 5 11:57:39 BST 2019

Hi Ramiro

Unfortunately, this is not yet fully documented.

To answer your questions, yes, 1 means current.

There appears to be a bug in some of the values for "peptide" where null
is returned even for proteins. Thank you for bringing this to our
attention and we will look into it.

possible_replacement returns a list of "successors" for the ID, in other
words a list of stable IDs up to the current stable ID that have
replaced a retired stable ID. For example,
http://rest.ensembl.org/archive/id/ENSG00000263255?content-type=text/plain
- ENSG00000263255 having been retired and superceeded by ENSG00000256229

Best
-Brandon