[ensembl-dev] How transcriptome fasta files are created 2.0

Julien Wollbrett julien.wollbrett at unil.ch
Thu Oct 4 11:54:17 BST 2018

Hello,

Thank you Premanand for this extremely usefull answer.

If I well understand, one fasta file is created using the _patch_hapl_scaff.gtf.gz file for mouse and human or the gtf.gz file for other species. This file is then splitted using gene biotypes to create cdna, cds, ncrna, and pep fasta files.
Do you know where I can find a list of all biotypes used to split to each fasta file ?

In my previous email I described that I found 9 transcripts (FBtr0307759, FBtr0084079, FBtr0307760, FBtr0084081, FBtr0084085, FBtr0084083, FBtr0084084, FBtr0084080, FBtr0084082) that are present in the cdna.all.fa.gz file but not in the gtf.gz file for D. melanogaster (release 93). All these transcripts are from the same gene (FBgn0002781).
Do you know where the annotation of these transcripts comes from ?

Thanks,

Julien