[ensembl-dev] retrieving appris tag from API

Tiago Grego tgrego at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 12:49:03 GMT 2018

Dear Duarte,

On a transcript you may indeed call is_canonical() and genecode_basic().
You can also call the method tsl() on a transcript object to get the
corresponding transcript support level.

You are correct that at this time there is no equivalent method to
directly access the appris tag. I will propose to create that method for
a future Ensembl release.

In the mean time, you may access the appris tag of a $transcript object
in the following way:

   my $appris_attr = shift( $transcript->get_all_Attributes('appris') );
   my $appris_tag = $appris_attr->value if $appris_attr;

$appris_tag will contain the corresponding value for the transcript
object, or be null if it does not exist.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Tiago